|
Giving Yourself An Out
|
|
Do you know how to tell a successful person
from a unsuccessful one? The easiest way is by the
language they use. When you talk to a successful
person about his goals, he’ll tell you what he
plans to do and when it will be done. When
an unsuccessful person talks about his goals
(assuming he even has one), you’ll hear something
along the lines of, “I hope to do this
someday.” Here’s a clue for all you losers
out there; someday never comes.
|
|
You know why a person with a loser’s mentality
always uses words like “someday”, “I hope” or
“I wish”? He does it because it gives him an
out and allows himself to not be accountable for his
word. If he was to place a time limit on the
goal and doesn’t do it, he fails, and a loser hates
failing. Winners have no fear of failing because
they know success is made from a string of
failures.
|
|
Everyone has dreams and goals. The only difference
between a goal and a dream is a goal is a
dream with action. We all have dreams; becoming
financially independent, having a family,
helping charities, etc. However, how many of
you have made a goal to achieve your dreams? If
you have, did you place a time limit on it,
or did you just say “I'll do it someday” or “I hope it
will happen”.
|
|
A Goal without a Time Limit Is No Goal
|
|
Can you imagine buying a presale condominium
and not knowing when it will be completed?
The only answer the developer would give you
is, “It’ll be finished someday.” Would you buy
it? Well, imagine trying to sell your dream
this way: “Someday, my dream will come true.” If
you wouldn’t buy the condo, why would you buy
the dream?
|
|
If you wish to achieve anything in life, you
have to place a time limit on it. A time limit forces
you to take action instead of sitting on the
couch saying “Someday I’ll get there”. Don’t be afraid
to fail. Know that failure is required in order
to succeed. You will not find a successful person
who doesn’t doesn't have a few stories to tell
about their failures. (I think a posting of some of
my failures would make for a good future post.)
|
|
Making a living off the Internet is something
many people want to do. It’s something many of
my friends dream of doing. However, after all
these years, only two have actually done it. You
know why? They actually listen to me when I
said, “Go build a site.” Others whom I gave the
same advice to were all positive, saying “Ya!
Sounds great, I need to do this. Working at a job
sucks!”
|
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire